Reluctant Medium has MOVED!

Don't miss new posts! I've moved my blog. Check it out here!

My Haunted House ~ Part VII: The Eviction

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Shannon (my cousin-in-law) and I were waiting for Chris (my friend and PROOV member who always gets my frantic ‘what-do-I-do-now’ phone calls) and the priest to arrive. The kids were out of the house, as requested by the priest, since we didn’t really know what we were up against here.

I answered the knock at the door and in walks Chris, the priest and his back-up. He showed up with a Catholic arsenal! At this point I became a little nervous…I mean, seriously, what was about to take place here?

Maybe I’ve seen too many horror movies.

He immediately opens his case of Catholic goodies and hands me a large crucifix on a chain. I looked down at it, then looked back at him and told him that, to me, this was nothing more than a big hunk of metal and I wanted to make sure that small detail wasn’t going to impede his process in any way. He told me that I didn’t need to believe in it, just keep it with me for the entirety of their visit anyway.

So I did.

After he was here for a few minutes, he told me that he didn’t think we were dealing with anything demonic here. I’m not really sure if I believe in demons anyway. You know me, I need proof of existence and I’ve never run into a demon, that I know of anyway, and I assume I would know. Hopefully, if they are real, I never have that fact proven to me. I’m good just not knowing for sure. He said he knew because if there were a demon present, he would have known straight away. You know, due to him being a priest and all, I suppose.

Shannon and I followed the Catholic team around and Chris followed all of us with the camera shooting the whole time.

It wasn’t long before we were chasing what had been tormenting us for the past few weeks. The priest mentioned he had felt like someone was “pushing” him on the stairs. We backed him in a corner in my bedroom. Chris walked right through him and backed up with a “Whoa…that was weird!”. Then a few of us began to feel pretty nauseous while in the room. He knew what we were trying to accomplish and didn’t seem too happy about it.

There is a room upstairs that I hate to be in. I never feel alone in that room. So the priest wanted me to sit in there alone in the dark (still with crucifix in hand). I didn’t want to do that, but he was persuasive in an odd way. So I went in and sat in the desk chair in the dark. He assured me they would be right outside the door at all times and would come to my aide should I request it. I sat for several uneventful minutes.

Suddenly, he burst into the room and asked if everything was OK. Confused by the urgency of his question, I told him I was fine and asked why he had asked.

I was told that as I was sitting alone in the dark, the night light in the baby’s room began to brighten much more than it should and the digital alarm clock began to change time rapidly then stopped on 12:23 AM. He explained the Catholic significance of that time, but I just can’t recall what it was (sorry! I'm sure you can google it...). All of them witnessed these events while I sat nervously by myself.

He then blessed each room upstairs and we all started back down. He mentioned on the way down that the upstairs seemed lighter than when we first went up. Maybe my aggressor was gone.

As we entered the kitchen he requested to visit the cellar. I said, “Have a good time! I’ll be up here when you’re done.”

I overheard him telling Chris while down there that I needed to be present for whatever it was he was planning down there. Chris told him that there was no way he’d get me to do that. I hate the basement. Even during tornadoes, I only sit at the top of the stairs and if I hear the house being ripped from it’s foundation, only then will I go the rest of the way down. From the moment I moved in here, I have always had the feeling someone is buried down there. I don’t know why. Just a gut feeling.

But somehow, that persuasive priest managed to get me to go down. I only went as far as the bottom step though. He’s not a miracle worker or anything!

Here’s what unfolded in the cellar:


Join my network to keep up: The Reluctant Medium


Before you watch the conclusion of this video, some pretty amazing things happened while we were down there. In an attempt to make communication and to announce our intentions as well as gauge the spirit's intentions, we asked it to do a few things. You saw the meter lights (it was measuring EMF), but we also asked for it to change the temperature of the room to a very specific temperature. I was even surprised by how quickly our temp readers fell almost 20 degrees to comply with the request and stopped exactly where we asked it to.


Find more videos like this on The Reluctant Medium


I am certain that the spirit that moved on that night was that of the Blonde Girl. I haven't seen her since that evening. I hope that she is no longer sad and lonely the way she seemed while she was staying with me. I hope she has found her home and her loved ones. I didn't mind her being here with us, but am happy she has moved on to a better place.

I am extraordinarily grateful to Bishop James Long for helping this little girl move on and ridding our family of the nasty ghost that felt the need to aggravate us.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


Design by Blogger Buster> | Distributed by Blogging Tips